The 69th Cannes Film Festival begin today, 11th May 2016 Cannes Film Festival, as it is called in French, is known to curate and present some of the most brilliant example of cinematic excellence through world. This year, the prestigious film festival – a bright, sumptuous fashion statement, all glamour and opulent – will continue until 22 May 2016. It will see a lot of films over 11 days. At Cannes, film makers, actors, actresses, models and ambassadors of countries – all gathered to stage the highlights of cinema worldwide.
Bollywood despite being a multibillion, India has not had much of a presence in this coveted Film Festival. This year, one documentary of India has made the list of competitors Cannes / movies to-be-detected. With not a lot of presence, only the film crews and actors of the films participating in the festival – and represents the nation.
However, there were few regulars Bollywood in Cannes. As the face of the French brands L’Oreal, bollywood celebrity Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, undoubtedly, is the most important one, followed by Sonam Kapoor, another the Ambassador Oréal. Aish, incidentally, also attended the party as a member of the jury.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan completes 15 years of representing India at Cannes – in 2016. The actress recently spoke of her journey as she recalled with emotion the “beginning” in 2002 – just after his super hit bollywood hindi movie Devdas. Whatever the air, she flaunts in Cannes, Aish almost always looked his best in Indian ethnic groups. Even other Indian actresses watched their sizzling best in beautiful ethnic wear, whether ethereal Saris, Jodhpuri jackets heavily embellished lehenga or designer blouse.
List Of 12 Most Unforgettable Indian Ethnic ”Looks”
- Aishwarya in a sari bright mustard yellow and eye catching gold with solid gold jewelry – 2002
- Nandita Das as member of the jury at the 2005 Cannes festival – in a red silk sari
- various looks of Aish during the Cannes Film Festival 2003
- Vidya Balan – in all its majestic grandeur, in 2013 Cannes Film Festival Films
- Bipasha Basu in a silvery white sari – at Cannes 2007
- Sonam Kapoor again in a quirkily draped pale pink sari – 2014
- Nandita Das in 2014 – for all choices of almost perfect sari, she
- Sonam Kapoor in a white sari and gold designer (a long cape and striking nose ring) – in 2013
- Aish in an ivory sari and choli long gold – 2012
- Thin saree Deepika Padukone in 2010
- Nawabi style long Aishwarya Anarkali / Cap
For more collections visit :
bollywood replica dresses